Saturday, March 29, 2008

DC is the city of races... foot races that is

I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one up early this morning. Not that I came anywhere close to 4am. I was up at a much more reasonable hour this morning to cheer on my friend who was participating the National Marathon.

Lucky for me, cheering her on meant rolling out of bed and crossing the street.
The National Marathon course loops in and around Capitol Hill (also known for its politicians and green market). Here's a map (courtesy of the Washington Post):

[Map of the National Marathon race route]

If marathoning is your sport, you should start planning now to participate in the Marine Corps Marathon that happens in the fall. It's insanely popular. Or if you like shorter races, other events are the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler and the Army 10 Miler. For more information, the Washington Running Report has a good calendar.

No comments: